The sky’s the limit – take off with a new project in river geomorphology!
Below are a list of prospective projects, as well as a sampling of prior projects.
- Waning sediment supply in East Cape Gully Mass-Wasting Complexes: modelling the process of sedimentary system ‘relaxation’ across catchment scales.
- Developing a river sediment budgeting tool for reach-scale gravel extraction in NZ rivers.
- Using structure-from-motion techniques to reconstruct historic landscapes: new quantitative insights from highly-overlapped historical airphotos.
- A historical review of cross-section data from the East Coast of NZ’s North Island.
- Topographic differencing of retrogressive thaw slumps in Canada’s Northwest Territories.
- Patch-scale grain-size variation in rapidly aggrading river systems.
- See new opportunity here: PhD Opportunity
- Coarse-grained fan-delta modelling in a shallow coastal embayment: recontructing the Holocene evolution of Te Puru Fan-Delta, Coromandel Peninsula, NZ.
- Characterising network form across geologic settings and tectonic terranes in NZ.
- Control system for an autonomous bathymetric survey vessel in the shallow surf zone.
- Large-scale controls on grain-size variation on Quaternary terraces, Waiapu Catchment, NZ.
- Sam McArthur, MSc: Mapping stream-power in a headwater stream: new high-resolution techniques.
- Anya Leenman, MSc: Deciphering historic change in tributary-junction fans in response to catchment-wide sedimentary disturbance.
- Michelle Reeve, MSc: The effects of gravel raking on the Tukituki River substrate, Hawkes Bay.
- Hannah Mountfort. HBSc. Fan-river coupling dynamics in the presence of sediment overloading: the Waiorongomai Fan and Gully Mass Wasting Complex, East Cape, New Zealand.
- Andrew Allison, MSc, 2014: Morphodynamics of an armour-layered fan delta, Te Mata, Coromandel Peninsula.
- Yasmin Walley, MSc, 2015: Sediment connectivity in landslide-dominated sediment regimes : a catchment-scale model of network structure.
- Kathryn Longstaff, MSc: Geomorphic variation of Thames Coast fan-deltas, Coromandel, New Zealand: A sediment budget approach.